Fluffmans and the Royal Belgian Beer Squadron kindly invite you all to Rewired 2013. The biggest party in Belgium is back for a new edition. We're at the same place as 2012 in the village of Godsheide near Hasselt well in reach of major highways and decent trainconnections and who knows even a bus from time to time.
The party starts on friday the 28th of june and we close the doors on sunday the 30th.
We've made some subsections for your information there - so check them out and give us a shout if something should be unclear.
News and updates
- 26/jun - Train pickups : As the schedule of bus H3 - which runs from Hasselt to Godsheide - is quite unclear and you have to phone-ahead an hour in advance if you want to get to Godsheide, we will provide a pickup service from Hasselt trainstation. Best is to let us know (mail is fine, use 'remote -at- rewired -punkt- be') when you will be at the trainstation and we'll send a car over. You will also be provided a phonenr you can call in case of oopsies and other issues. Should you insist and feel adventurous enough to take the bus, again the line is H3 and the stop is called "Godsheide Kerk".
- 24/jun - DJ Set on Friday : We're happy (Fluffmans is screaming carrots) to announce our DJSet for friday evening : The lovely EEZOMBEE will travel in from .nl and electronically spin some Jungle, Juke and Trap for your enjoyment and background musics.
- 19/jun - Remote Entries : By the way, we accept remote entries. Mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org before the party starts.
- 15/jun - Invitation Released : The official inviation intro is out, release on @Party in Boston, MA. Download it here and thumb it up on Pouet here.
- 06/jun - Entrance Fee : We've done the calculations and we should get to a break even point with an entrance fee set at 25 euro. In order to support the local demoscene growth, members of Belgian Hackerspaces can get in at 15 euro when showing proof of their membership and the promise that they will booze a lot (no Club Mate, Sorry). Regular visitors are also allowed to booze subtantial amounts as its Boozing For Prizemoney, as always. There are no other discounts and no day tickets either.
- 01/jun - First Post ! : Page is online, wooh !
Competitions and Events
- Graphics Compo : Use any tool you feel like / No photographs / Include some workstages / No maximum resolution but pictures will be scaled down to fit the screen
- Photo Compo : Any picture goes ! / Some retouching is allowed, include the original picture (in 1280-ish resolution)
- Music Compo : Maximum playtime : 5 minutes / Anything that can be played with XMPlay in a recent version goes. (Please try to stick to .mod, .xm, .mp3, .ogg etc tho)
- Mixed Intro Compo : Anything under 64k in filesize that does realtime things on screen, If not for PC, please bring the hardware with you or a movie and additional proof that it runs on the real hardware / Maximum playtime : 10 minutes
- Mixed Demo Compo : Anything hat does realtime things on screen, If not for PC, please bring the hardware with you or a movie and additional proof that it runs on the real hardware / Maximum playtime : 10 minutes
- Party Location : Ontmoetingscentrum Godsheide, Kiezelstraat 118, 3500 Hasselt
- Car : Hasselt is cornered by 2 major highways : The E313 (exit 28 Hasselt Zuid) going from Liege/Luttich to Antwerpen and the E314 (exit 29 Houthalen-Helchteren) going from Aachen to Leuven/Brussels. Once you make it onto the ringroad around Hasselt, the R71, drive onto the Universiteitslaan / N702 - easy recognizable by the large Plopsa Indoor theme park and turn into the Kiezelstraat on your left at the 2nd traffic lights.
- Train : The closest train station is Hasselt. Hasselt can be reached by train from Antwerpen, Brussels and Liege at least hourly. There are busses to the partyplace from the trainstation but they drive very irregular, best is to inform us when you will arrive and we'll send someone to pick you up. We'll post contact details to do this later.
- Airplane : The closest mayor airports are Brussels and K�Bonn. From Brussels Airport you can get on a train towards Leuven, where you can change trains to Hasselt. From K�Bonn get on a train towards K�Hbf -> Liege -> Hasselt, Or go for a rental car. Ryanair brings you to Charleroi (Brussels South) where a one-hour bus trip takes you to the Brussels South or Liege Guillemins train station, where you can hop on a train towards Hasselt. From Dusseldorf of Hahn airport you will have to get to K�first and continue from there. In these cases car rental will probably be easier/faster.
- Friday June 28th : 1800 - Doors open
- Saturday June 29th : 15:00 - Fluffmans' BBQ Of Doom
- Saturday June 29th : 18:00 - All Deadlines
- Saturday June 29th : 19:00 - Compo Night
- Saturday June 29th : 23:30 - Prizegiving
- Sunday June 30th : 13:00 - Doors Close
- Sunday June 30th : 13:30 - Cleanup Afterparty
- Rewired is a private event focusing on demoscene activities, to reach us mail Peter 'FRaNKy' Smets at franky - at - vendetta - dot - org.